Conduct a literature review (see Bem, 2016). You will review and summarize relevant theory and research in order to defend a particular position (your thesis). The topic of your literature review might come from the following list, or you may identify a different area of interest. However, if you choose something other than the options below, you must obtain permission from your instructor prior to writing/submitting the paper. It is up to the instructor’s discretion to allow/disallow alternative topics. Here are some ideas you might choose to explore:
- Accuracy of Proverbs
- Example: “Don’t judge a book by its cover” or “Beauty is a good letter of introduction”? In other words, what can one conclude based on appearance alone?
- Example: “Absence makes the heart grow fonder” or “Out of sight, out of mind”? In other words, do long distances or extended amounts of time strengthen relationship ties, or weaken them?
- Example: “Birds of a feather flock together” or “Opposites attract”? In other words, are people attracted to similar or dissimilar others?
- Impact of Titles/Labels
- Example: How do team mascots (such as the Redskins or Braves) impact Native Americans (self-esteem, stereotype threat, etc.)?
- Example: How do labels (such as smart/stupid, crazy or criminal, etc.) impact people’s mental processes and behaviors?
- Example: Does true altruism exist? What motivates people to help?
- Explanatory Style
- Example: Do optimists experience better life outcomes than pessimists?
- Persuasive Appeals
- Example: How do political campaigns utilize various techniques?
- Example: Is there a dark side? Can one be too confident?
- School Size
- Example: Do students fare better in big schools or small schools? Why?
- Example: What is the theory behind “reverse psychology”?
- Gender Differences
- Example: in aggression, sex, etc.
- A Form of Prejudice
- Example: fat prejudice, racial prejudice, etc.
- Psychology and the Law
- Example: jury behavior, etc.
- Other: Must be approved by your instructor in advance!
The Final Paper
- Must be at least 5 to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- A header
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must utilize academic voice.
- Must address the topic with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms the thesis.
- Must use at least five peer-reviewed scholarly sources. Additional scholarly sources are encouraged.
- Be sure to integrate your research smoothly rather than simply inserting it.
- In general, paraphrase material rather than using direct quotes.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined here and here.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style.
- Must be submitted to Grammarly for review and correction prior to submitting.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH COLLEGE NURSING PAPERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT!
The post Can you help? appeared first on College Nursing Papers.
Can you help? was first posted on November 5, 2020 at 1:47 am.
©2019 "College Nursing Papers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
I absolutely LOVE this essay writing service. This is perhaps the tenth time I am ordering from them, and they have not failed me not once! My research paper was of excellent quality, as always. You can order essays, discussion, article critique, coursework, projects, case study, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, movie review, research proposal, capstone project, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
STUCK with your assignments? Hire Someone to Write Your papers. 100% plagiarism-free work Guarantee!