Chapter 2 describes several important developmental theories and how these theories help us make sense out of tremendous amounts of information about our experiences and understanding of development. Each of the grand theories (psychoanalytic, cognitive, and behavioral) provides important insights on development, each with a different focus on emotions, thinking, and behavior. Web Links for Ch. 2 provide additional information about Freud, Vygotsky, Piaget and Erikson and their theories. Video lesson 1, “The developing Person,” explores the major theories of development, and points out that development is a lifelong process.
- Describe some of the limitations of the “grand” theories, and explain why they seem less comprehensive and inclusive today. Why were the results of Harlow’s experiments surprising to both the psychoanalytic and behavioral theorists?
- Berger suggests that there are important gaps in these theories that are only now being addressed by “sociocultural theory” and “epigenetic systems theory.” Explain.
- List five major contributions of these theories.
- Discuss how each of these theories contribute to our understanding of (choose one) the following major controversies:
- Continuity vs. Discontinuity;
- Difference vs. Deficit; or
- Nature vs. Nurture.
3-4 pages needed
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH COLLEGE NURSING PAPERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT!
The post Child Psychology paper(2) appeared first on College Nursing Papers.
Child Psychology paper(2) was first posted on November 6, 2020 at 2:00 am.
©2019 "College Nursing Papers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I absolutely LOVE this essay writing service. This is perhaps the tenth time I am ordering from them, and they have not failed me not once! My research paper was of excellent quality, as always. You can order essays, discussion, article critique, coursework, projects, case study, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, movie review, research proposal, capstone project, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
STUCK with your assignments? Hire Someone to Write Your papers. 100% plagiarism-free work Guarantee!