English homework…..due tomorrow….. please read……
this assignment is due tomorrow…… must have done by tomorrow….no late work…..
do the following:
Consider “The Self-Storage Self” by Jon Mooallem, (p 103). In an argumentative essay, support, refute, or complicate Tom Litton’s claim that “it’s the accumulation of things that defines you as an American” (para. 13). To develop your ideas, consult Laurence Shames’s “The More Factor” (p. 76) and the Introduction to Chapter 1, “Consuming Passions: The Culture of American Consumption” (p. 67).
Compose a rough draft for peer review and submit it to the Week 7 Argument Essay Peer Review discussion board by Sunday, September 29, 2019. The final draft is due to this folder by Sunday, October 6, 2019.
The essay should contain:
· An introductory paragraph with a thesis statement and three supporting details (Links to an external site.);
· Three body paragraphs (Links to an external site.) that address the supporting details with specific evidence from the sources listed above (a minimum of one quote, summary, or paraphrase per body paragraph);
· A conclusion (Links to an external site.) paragraph that summarizes the thesis statement and mentions the supporting details, along with a graceful component that wraps up the main theme of the essay.
The essay will be evaluated in terms of MLA formatting, unity, support, coherence, and sentence skills. Cite your sources and format your document using 8th edition MLA style.
Below is an example. Use similar method
Prewriting Argument Essay
1. Identify whether you support, refute, or complicate the claim in the assignment prompt. To support the claim would mean that you agree with it. To refute the claim would mean that you are adamantly opposed to it. To complicate the claim would mean that you are conditionally in favor of it.
Yes, I do support the claim. Personally, in 2018, I started changing the way of accumulating items, I instead take them to Goodwill or give them away at the end of the day is the same thing is just spending money on items I don’t need.
2. Be sure that you have three reasons to support your claim. They should each be strong enough to support a 6-10 sentence body paragraph (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.).
Possessions are an important measure in life, Americans desire more opportunities, America popular culture is grounded in consumption.
3. State your thesis statement (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.), formatted as shown in the course materials. (A simple formula to follow is: The main idea is A because 1, 2, and 3. Another formula is: Even though A, the main idea is B because 1, 2, and 3.)
Accumulation of things defines an American because possessions are an important measure in life, Americans desire more and more opportunities, American popular culture is grounded in consumption.
4. Locate one quote, summary, or paraphrase from the sources listed in the assignment prompt to support each of the three reasons. You will need a total of THREE–one for each body paragraph. (Be sure to use the MEAL plan (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)when creating your paragraphs in the rough draft).
· Accumulatios of things defines an American because our possessions are an important measure in our lives, “The Self-Storage Self” by Jon Mooallem, (p. 103).
· hunger for more — more toys, more land, more opportunities – is an essential part of our history and character, “The More Factor” by Lawrence Shames, (p. 76).
· popular culture is grounded in consumption, whether we’re considering the direct purchase of goods and services; the enjoyment of music, movies, and television; or simply the use of a smartphone or other digital devices and all that they offer you “The Culture of America Consumption” (P. 66).
5. Offer a preliminary ending for your conclusion (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.), such as a question, prediction, or call to action.
America takes a look at how this great nation has given its residents the opportunity in becoming challenging to buy or afford to buy what they want. Freedom to be who you are, and live your dream without restrictions. The amount of stuff we own these days is staggering.
The post English homework…..due tomorrow….. please read…… appeared first on Essay Bishops.
I absolutely LOVE this essay writing service. This is perhaps the tenth time I am ordering from them, and they have not failed me not once! My research paper was of excellent quality, as always. You can order essays, discussion, article critique, coursework, projects, case study, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, movie review, research proposal, capstone project, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
Ask a Question. Get an Answer ASAP!