equality of opportunity
This assignment is due by 10 p.m. CST on Sunday.
Equality of Opportunity
Learning Objective: The Declaration of Independence and the idea that equality is the bedrock of a republic are examined. Please recall that the Declaration of Independence was an assigned reading article in Week One.
Please note: Additional requirements for the Primary Assignment can be found by clicking on the Course Assignment Comments headline (above).
Option 1: Write Your Opinion Editorial:
Listed below are two opinion editorial news articles (op-eds). Write an op-ed to respond to the ideas expressed in the articles by Williams or Zarracina. Present a persuasive argument in which you agree or disagree with the author. Your op-ed can be written in the first person and include anecdotal evidence. While the opinion may be your own, construct a persuasive argument using the assigned course reading materials, including the Declaration of Independence, to support your position. Define and anchor your thoughts within the context of equality of opportunity.
- Walter E. Williams: America’s founders and the slavery debate, Omaha World Herald, 2019
- The case against equality of opportunity, Dylan Matthews, Vox, 2015
- Chapter 4. Hired Help / Markets and Morals – Justice What Is The Right Thing To Do, Michael Sandel
- Gettysburg Address, A Lincoln, 1863
- Capitalism and Freedom, Chapter 1, pg 7-21 (PDF pg 24-38), Milton Friedman, 40th Anniversary Edition, 2002
- The Case against Equality of Opportunity, Dylan Matthews, Vox, 2015
- People Donâ€t Actually Want Equality, They Want Fairness, Paul Bloom, Evonomics
- The Good Society, Amitai Etzioni, Seattle Journal for Social Justice
- I, Pencil, Mises Daily Articles, Mises Institute, 2017
- I, Pencil, Audio Essays, Mises Institute, 2009
The post equality of opportunity appeared first on Savvy Essay Writers.
I absolutely LOVE this essay writing service. This is perhaps the tenth time I am ordering from them, and they have not failed me not once! My research paper was of excellent quality, as always. You can order essays, discussion, article critique, coursework, projects, case study, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, movie review, research proposal, capstone project, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
Ask a Question. Get an Answer ASAP!