Signature Assignment – Create Instructional Materials
For your Signature Assignment, you will design instructional materials for a single-day, single-topic video resource and scripted PDF job aid with graphics. You will develop:
- A short instructional video
- A job aid for the video, containing screenshots and/or other graphics. This job aid will also serve as the script for the video
- An implementation plan (see below for information to be included)
You will also need to include the following information in a separate front-end analysis summary plus a page for references.
- What instructional need does this professional development satisfy?
- Who are the intended learners? Be specific about the following:
- Primary language
- Formal education background
- Size of the learning group
- Knowledge level of learners (novices, experts, or somewhere in between)
- Do you expect learners to have knowledge coming into instruction?
- Geographical location of the learners (if this is important)
- Overall, what is the task to be accomplished with the use of this job aid?
Make sure that you justify the choices and decisions that you have made with reference to resources you have used in class.
For the instructional materials (job aid), you will use VideoNote to create a short video over a procedural task of your choice. As you practiced in Week 6, you will use your PDF as a script for your video. Verbatim is best to comply with ADA.
For your Signature Assignment, you will also add graphics (screenshots, illustrations, etc.) to your PDF. You will need to include a minimum of five relevant graphics in your PDF.
When you use graphics, it is important to use resources that are copyright free. If you have the talent, please create your own. If not, please search for copyright free images and resources (e.g., https://www.pexels.com).
In addition, please make sure that you include references for your content. Most professional development activities take content from an existing resource. Make certain that you cite those resources.
Finally, develop a 10-question survey, using SurveyMonkey, to gather summative information on the instructional materials. This survey should go beyond Did you like it types of questions (that can be ascertained in one simple question). You will need to ask questions regarding whether or not they met the goals and objectives that you created in Week 5 and whether or not they felt that the instruction was effective, met their needs, usable, etc. In addition, you can ask if they would change an aspect of instruction. Technically, you would want to find this out prior to implementation. However, sometimes, you discover information during or after instructional implementation that can be utilized for future instruction. Reminder: Determining the Success of the Instructional Design Product and Process (Chapter 10) from Brown & Green should be your guide.
You will provide a link to the SurveyMonkey survey (please test the link to make certain that it works) at the end of your instructional materials PDF and video, just as you would for students who needed to take your survey.
Alternative to Survey: Increasingly, institutions are using learning management systems (LMSs) and learning analytics [see Davies et al (2017) resource from this weeks readings as a guide to understanding learning analytics]. If your plan is for your materials to be used in a self-paced, fully online course that uses an LMS, you might want to choose this alternative. For the alternative assignment, you will:
- Describe the online learning environment.
- Describe the data that the LMS will gather (or that you would like it to gather).
- Describe how that data can be utilized as a form of summative evaluation.
If you select this option, you will include your learning analytics description as a separate document. Length for the alternative: 3-4 pages.
The other part of the Signature Assignment is the implementation plan for your instructional materials. In your plan, you will include a summary of the instructional need, who your learners are, and what the task is that they will complete. You will utilize the Deployment section of the Neal article from T+D listed in this weeks resources. Those augmented steps are as follows:
- Develop training material (see details above).
- Describe strategic moments for the use of social media and informal learning initiatives.
- Describe the coordination of the logistics of the synchronous webinar or professor-led training.
- Describe evaluation tools to measure mastery of learning. (How will you know that your learners have learned what they should learn?)
- Create a survey for your clientele and identify lesson-learned key points.
As with any good implementation plan, you will want to include an alternative, or Plan B, for at least part of your implementation. For example, if you plan to use the Internet, plan for Internet inaccessibility (offline). It is always easier to have a plan than to try to create one on the fly. This Plan B is included in the estimate for your implementation plan.
You will need to include relevant reference material for your content and/or your methodology.
Length: 5- to 7-minute video; 2- to 3-page job aid; 3- to 4-page front-end analysis; 10-question survey; 3- to 4-page implementation plan
References: Include a minimum of 2 references for your content and pertinent references from the course resources.
For your Signature Assignment, you should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy. View the Northcentral Academic Integrity Tutorial to refresh your knowledge of how to achieve academic integrity
Upload your document and click the Submit to Dropbox button. Although not required, you might also share your assignment in the ID CoP (your instructor will provide feedback through the course).
>>>I will provide all the reference papers needed for this assignment to the selected bid<<<
I absolutely LOVE this essay writing service. This is perhaps the tenth time I am ordering from them, and they have not failed me not once! My research paper was of excellent quality, as always. You can order essays, discussion, article critique, coursework, projects, case study, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, movie review, research proposal, capstone project, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
Ask a Question. Get an Answer ASAP!