1. Provide sufficient, correctly cited support that substantiates the writer’s ideas.
2. Follow conventions of Standard Written English.
3. Create neat and professional looking documents appropriate for the project or presentation.
4. Identify numerical or mathematical information that is relevant in a problem or situation.
5. Employ mathematical or statistical operations and data analysis techniques to arrive at a correct or optimal solution.
6. Analyze mathematical or statistical information, or the results of quantitative inquiry and manipulation of data.
7. Employ software applications and analytic tools to analyze, visualize, and present data to inform decision-making.
8. Develop constructive resolutions for ethical dilemmas based on application of ethical theories, principles and models.
9. Analyze financial statements to evaluate and optimize organizational performance.
Your goal is to develop an understanding of the business of Choice Hotels using the 2018 annual report that the company files with the Securities and Exchange Commission (10-K). I recommend you analyze the 10-K financial reports using accounting and finance ratios after you read key parts of the Document.
Project 2: Accounting For Managers
Step 2: Evaluate Business Performance
Using Ratio Analysis
MCS asks that analysts review the financial health of the client’s business by completing ratio analysis. Frank explains that Choice Hotels has an aggressive strategy to grow revenues and stock price. The company does this by accepting ratios that might be outside normal industry ranges.
Ratio analysis is an analytical tool for understanding financial results and trends over time, and for providing key indicators of organizational performance. Typically, ratios are calculated by using data from the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows. This information can be found in the 10-K Document. MCS uses a customized worksheet to report ratio calculations, results, analysis, and recommendations for clients.
Assuming you and your colleagues are attending the retreat, go to the Accounting Ethics Discussion, and complete the following tasks:
1. Discuss why integrity, honesty, and transparency are essential in financial reporting. Give credit to any sources or real-world examples you use to support your statements.
2. GAAP are the general rules, regulations, and guidelines that accountants in the United States follow to ensure their practices are legal and ethical. Explain to your colleagues why GAAP is so useful. Give credit to any sources or real-world examples you use to support your statements.
Later in the week, after you are back in your office, you have a follow-up discussion with your MCS colleagues in an effort to summarize the key lessons you have learned from your discussion on ethics in finance and accounting at the past weekend’s retreat.
The post Identify numerical or mathematical information that is relevant in a problem or situation appeared first on Scholar Writers.
I absolutely LOVE this essay writing service. This is perhaps the tenth time I am ordering from them, and they have not failed me not once! My research paper was of excellent quality, as always. You can order essays, discussion, article critique, coursework, projects, case study, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, movie review, research proposal, capstone project, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
STUCK with your assignments? Hire Someone to Write Your papers. 100% plagiarism-free work Guarantee!