Pitfalls in Interviewing Victims
In the assessment of victims, pay special consideration to issues that may affect the ways in which the victims may react to your interventions. You need to do your homework and be aware of issues of possible relevance to the particular person or families you will be interviewing, whether you are:
- Interviewing a victim as part of a psychological evaluation for the court
- Working with law enforcement and need information to help in the prosecution of a crime
- Working as a consultant to an attorney who is defending a person with a history of trauma
Some of the factors possibly influencing people’s reactions to their traumatic experiences and their receptivity to certain manners of interviewing include:
- Age, gender, and sexual orientation
- Religious or spiritual beliefs and background
- Cultural or ethnic background
- Education and intellectual functioning
- Physical illnesses
- Language proficiency
Select two of the factors listed above and explain in detail how they may affect your approach in interviewing and assessing a victim. Support your responses using examples and references from your textbook and other resources, such as websites. Include the references at the end of your posting.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
- By Friday, July 21, 2017, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Wednesday, July 26, 2017, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, compare the similarities and differences between what you have constructed and what your classmates have.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH COLLEGE NURSING PAPERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT!
The post M3_A1 appeared first on College Nursing Papers.
M3_A1 was first posted on November 7, 2020 at 1:04 am.
©2019 "College Nursing Papers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I absolutely LOVE this essay writing service. This is perhaps the tenth time I am ordering from them, and they have not failed me not once! My research paper was of excellent quality, as always. You can order essays, discussion, article critique, coursework, projects, case study, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, movie review, research proposal, capstone project, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
STUCK with your assignments? Hire Someone to Write Your papers. 100% plagiarism-free work Guarantee!