This midterm powerpoint presentation gives you the opportunity to rehearse, analyze and deepen your understanding of all of the prominent, ethical theories we have explored in the course. This activity aligns with module outcomes 2 and 3.
- Choose one pop-culture hero, superhero or villain, and identify one ethical issue this figure typically has to tackle.
- Then explain how your pop figure might solve the same ethical issue from at least 6 different ethical theories we have covered thus far. Make sure your ethical issue or problem is complicated enough for you to apply each ethical theory and to allow enough detailed analysis of the issue.
Be sure to draw upon six of the nine theories we have covered thus far:
- Virtue Ethics
- Utilitarianism (Consequentialism, Teleology)
- Kantian Ethics (Deontology)
- Feminist Ethics
- Care Ethics
- Imagine and include what might be the actions, thoughts, or words the superhero could perform or utter from each particular ethical stance. Every slide should have a specific quote from the hero/heroine and an explanation of how this relates to the corresponding theory.
- What might be the consequences or aftermath of acting from each particular stance for your chosen pop figure? Don’t forget to include this, along with a variety of unique and colorful graphics for each slide.
- Citations and References: You should have citations on every slide (Author, Date) for the definition of each theory, for your quotes, and also a reference slide at the end.
For example, you might choose the topic of whether a superwomen should kill villains. We had discussed in Module 2 how most superheroes/heroines are deontologists, and almost never opt to break their moral code, regardless of the consequences. In the comic book story of Wonder Woman, although she is usually a deontologist, she does kill the villain Max Lord, essentially undermining the classic superhero/heroine approach of merely apprehending a villain. You would then identify 6 different ethical theories and analyze how the issue of killing villains would play out given each theory.
Writing and Presentation Reminders:
- Create a minimum of a ten-slide PowerPoint with colorful graphics and easy-to-read font on each slide.
- Logically organize your ideas (you should first identify how the figure typically responds to the issue and what ethical theory typically dominates this figure’s reactions.
- Ensure that the analysis and description of each of the various ethical theories are accurate.
- Include one direct, substantial quotation from each our readings for each of the different ethical theories you’re explaining.
- Be sure to include an APA reference page at the end.
This course uses the American Psychological Association (APA) format for scholarly writing. References and citations must adhere to the proper format for all written work presented including essays, discussion postings, and essay exams. Online tips for using APA style may be found at the Perdue Online Writing Lab.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH COLLEGE NURSING PAPERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT!
The post M4A1 appeared first on College Nursing Papers.
M4A1 was first posted on November 4, 2020 at 9:39 pm.
©2019 "College Nursing Papers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I absolutely LOVE this essay writing service. This is perhaps the tenth time I am ordering from them, and they have not failed me not once! My research paper was of excellent quality, as always. You can order essays, discussion, article critique, coursework, projects, case study, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, movie review, research proposal, capstone project, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
STUCK with your assignments? Hire Someone to Write Your papers. 100% plagiarism-free work Guarantee!