We have covered a lot of information in a very short time in this course. The purpose of the course is to introduce you to some of the exciting things going on in the world of science and to make you a more informed consumer of scientific information. Scientific discoveries are influencing our world at an ever increasing rate, and the democratic process requires an informed population to make wise choices. Each new discovery brings fabulous potential benefits but also raises concerns about possible unforeseen consequences. The analysis of news reports and scientific information presented in this course has helped you to hone your critical and analytical thinking skills about complex problems. These are skills you can apply to many areas of day-to-day life. This final assignment is going to ask you to apply these skills in a reflection on what you have learned in the course, what you found most informative, and why.
Completing this activity will assist you in mastering Module Level Outcome 4.
When writing this essay, be aware that your work has to show significant effort, creative thought, and research from sources inside the modules. Use APA style citations within the text and complete references in your reference page.
This assignment will be a 750-1000 word (3 page) essay. It must include:
- A title page, including the title of your essay, your name, the course, and the date
- 3 pages of text
- Include in-text citations for all quotations and any information paraphrased from sources. Only ideas from your brain do not need citations! Please see the EC Library tutorial on plagiarism.
- A reference page with complete references in APA style.
Topic: We wish to bring together all the things you have learned in this course. Thus, please address the following questions in your essay:
- What is the “take away message” from this course regarding the identification of reliable sources of scientific information? Give specific examples from the course readings.
- What have you learned about the job (both good and bad) popular publications, such as newspapers, magazines, and websites, do in “translating” scientific research into articles targeting the average reader? Identify specific characteristics you look for to determine the reliability of these popular publications. Give specific examples from the course readings.
- What have you learned about locating and evaluating reliable scientific sources, such as publications from government agencies, international agencies, and professional scientific organizations? Identify specific characteristics you look for to determine their reliability. Give specific examples from the course readings.
- Identify at least two scientific topics from the course that you feel you have learned more about and, if possible, where your experiences in this course have changed your mind about those topics. Give specific examples from the course readings.
You are also encouraged to do your own research through our library on the topic. Do not forget to include in-text citations and complete APA style references for all sources
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH COLLEGE NURSING PAPERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT!
The post M8A2 NS appeared first on College Nursing Papers.
M8A2 NS was first posted on November 5, 2020 at 2:14 pm.
©2019 "College Nursing Papers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
I absolutely LOVE this essay writing service. This is perhaps the tenth time I am ordering from them, and they have not failed me not once! My research paper was of excellent quality, as always. You can order essays, discussion, article critique, coursework, projects, case study, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, movie review, research proposal, capstone project, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
STUCK with your assignments? Hire Someone to Write Your papers. 100% plagiarism-free work Guarantee!