Week 3 assignment 1: Business Employment Law
Week 3 Assignment 1 – Submit Here
Assignment 1: Management Team Briefing on Employment Laws
Due Week 3 and worth 200 points
In your new role as Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) for a major retail organization, you have been tasked within the first 30 days by the CEO to conduct a presentation to the management team on employment law awareness. The CEO informed you that under the previous CHRO the company experienced lack of employment law understanding, resulting in a few lawsuits that were not in the company’s favor. Avoiding similar experiences is a high priority and your thorough presentation to the management team is the first big step to success.
Prepare a fifteen to twenty (15-20) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Include cover, agenda, conclusion, and reference list slides, all of which may count toward total slide count.
- Provide a 1-2 slide overview of employment law based on information found in Chapter 1 of Employment Law for Human Resource Practice. NOTE: You may use your discretion to decide what information needs to be addressed as long as your overview is descriptive and relevant.
- Include in the remaining slides the following required presentation information:
- Provide a three (3) slide minimum covering at least 6 strong bullet points highlighting a discussion on whom employees and employers are in determining employment relationships
- Provide a three (3) slide minimum covering at least 6 strong bullet points highlighting a discussion on the concept of employment discrimination
- Provide a three (3) slide minimum covering at least 6 strong bullet points highlighting a discussion on the types of discrimination
- Provide a three (3) slide minimum covering at least 6 strong bullet points highlighting a discussion on retaliation
- Go to https://research.strayer.edu to locate at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: You may only use the resources listed in the course syllabus and those that are specifically provided by the instructor.
Important Notes: (1) Total number of words in the bullet points are not more important than the quality of the information. (2) More detailed information should be included in the footnotes of the presentation. (3) Presentations must have a business-like professional look.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Text font size for headings and titles in the presentation must not exceed 36 pt. For all other text, the font ideally should not exceed 24 pt. Check with your professor for additional details.
- Presentation text must be properly aligned throughout the presentation and maintain the same line spacing and font size.
- Professional presentation templates will be used. Check with the professor on possible examples.
- If images found at websites or other sources are placed in the presentation, credit must be given to the sources with citations and references
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Assess and understand employment laws, the rights they confer on employees, and the processes involved in enforcing these laws.
- Examine the legal significance of determining whether an employment relationship exists.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in employment law.
- Write clearly and concisely about employment law using proper writing mechanics.
Be sure to review the rubric for this assignment.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
“Is this question part of your assignment? We will write the assignment for you. click order now and get up to 40% Discount”
Week 3 assignment 1: Business Employment Law was first posted on January 17, 2020 at 6:12 pm.
©2019 “Nursing Assignment”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I absolutely LOVE this essay writing service. This is perhaps the tenth time I am ordering from them, and they have not failed me not once! My research paper was of excellent quality, as always. You can order essays, discussion, article critique, coursework, projects, case study, term papers, research papers, reaction paper, movie review, research proposal, capstone project, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
Ask a Question. Get an Answer ASAP!